[Advaita-l] Knowledge of Brahman

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Nov 7 00:19:19 CST 2015

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015, Harsha Bhat via Advaita-l wrote:

>  We get the moksha through the knowledge of brahman according to vedas,but
>
> 1)Infinite cannot be known by finite.

The finite does not actually exist.  It only appears to do so because of
maya.

> 2)Nirguna can never be known ,because suguna can be known through suguna's
> guna,but nirguna can never be known,because he is attribute less.

As a consequence of 1, when the delusionary gunas are negated then what is
left is the nirguna brahman.

> 3)Nirguna cannot have knowledge.As knowledge is also a guna.

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015, Harsha Bhat via Advaita-l wrote:

> Sorry small change to my third point said above,
>
> 3)Nirguna cannot have knowledge,as HAVING knowledge is also a guna...

No only the conventional (vyavaharic) knowledge which is based on the
premise of duality is a guna.  From the paramarthic standpoint you do not
need to "know" Brahman because you are and always have been Brahman.  Only
maya deluded you into forgetting that.