[Advaita-l] dva suparNA

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 01:57:06 CST 2015

Dear Sri Chandramouliji,

Thanks for your email.

I don't see any difference between the kUtastha chaitanyam and nirguNa
brahma chaitanyam. Any difference, if at all, can be attributed only from
the upAdhi point of view, from the chaitanyam point of view both are the
same.

I also believe PRB was referring to kUtastha only in 1.2.12 (pls see my
email to Sri Harsha yesterday), and since I don't see any difference
between that and nirguNa brahman, I said kshetragya refers to Brahman here.

I believe AchArya does the same when he says ब्रह्मस्वभाव
चैतन्यमात्रस्वरूपाः, but perhaps I should have been clearer.

In any case, my point is not to whether to call it sAkshi or nirguNa
Brahman here, but that one can't call it saguNa Iswara here (PRB/BSB
1.2.12) - I was referring to your statement that Bhagavatpada had
interpreted kshetragya as Iswara in PRB also.

As an aside, I believe Sri NishchaladAsa makes the same interpretation of
dvA suparNA in vichAra sAgara (kUtastha/chidAbhAsa as the two birds).

Regards,
Venkatraghavan