[Advaita-l] dva suparNA

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 05:13:53 CST 2015

"If it is nirguNa Brahman in both places, why did AchArya use the terms
सर्वज्ञः and सत्त्वोपाधिरीश्वर:?"

In mundaka bhAshyam, I suppose by sattva in sattvopAdhirIshvara:, he is
keeping in mind, the PRB vakyam referring to the first bird as sattvam, or
mind, and not shuddha sattva guNam.

Therefore, by sattvopAdhirIshvara:, AchArya means *Ishvara (nirguNa Brahman
/ kUtastha) that has sattvam (mind) as his upAdhi*, and not *he who has
shuddha sattvam as upAdhi, that (saguNa) Ishvara *.

That still leaves sarvagya:. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Venkat