[Advaita-l] vyavahAre bhaTTanayaH

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 21:24:49 CST 2015

Namaste

In the Naishkarmya Siddhi Sri Sureshwara has given this beautiful sequence -

Nitya Naimittika Karma Anushthaanaat DharmotpattiH - From doing the
Nitya and Naimittika Karma there will be rise of Dharma

Dharmotpattehe Paapahaanihi - From rise of Dharma there will be loss of sin

Tatashchittashuddhihi - From that there will be purification of mind

Tataha Samsaarayaathaatmyavabodhaha - From that the knowledge of true
nature of Samsaara

Tato Vairaagyam - From that Vairagya

Tato Mumukshutvam - From that desire for Moksha

Tatastadupaaya Paryeshanam - From that search for the means for Moksha

Tatah Sarvakarma Tatsaadhana Sanyaasaha - From that giving up all
Karma and its Saadhana

Tato YOGABHYASAH - FROM THAT PRACTICE OF YOGA

Tatah Chittasya Pratyak Pravanataa - From that YOGABHYASA there will
be turning of mind to Atmaa

Tatah Tattvamasi Adi Vaakyaartha Parijnaanam - From that the knowledge
of Tattvamasi and other sentences. This is Atma Saakshaatkaara only.

Tato AvidyoChedaha - From that removing of Avidyaa

Tatasca Svaatmanyeva Avasthaanam - From that remaining in Atmaa only

Brahamaaiva San Brahmaapyeti - Being Brahman only before Jnana he
attains Brahman

Vimuktasca Vimucyate - Being liberated before Jnana  he becomes liberated

-Venkatesh