[Advaita-l] mithyA and abhAva chatuShTaya

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 08:25:41 CDT 2015

Pranams.

This is the first time I have come across this terminology. I just inferred
the meaning from the context. Hopefully my understanding is correct.

2-Satta vada refers to Drishti Srishti vada in which only two levels of
Reality (Satta ) are recognized , termed Paramarthika satta and
Pratibhasika satta.

3-Satta vada refers to Srishti Drishti vada in which three levels of
Reality ( Satta ) are recognized , termed Paramarthika, Vyavaharika and
Pratibhasika.

Pratibhasika Satta of the former version includes both the Vyavaharika and
Pratibhasika sattas of the latter version. Generally it is the 3-Satta
version which one comes across in advaitic commentaries and discussions.

Regards