[Advaita-l] mithyA and abhAva chatuShTaya - Vaadiraaja's Nyayaratnavali Slokas 43-46

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:58:30 CDT 2015

Yes, the question doesn't arise for us, because we say the snake doesn't
exist.

But when asked, we have to explain its appearance - and the answer we give
depends on the qualifications of the questioner.

If the questioner is a madhyama adhikAri, we say yes it appears, but the
existence that you see is not the snake, but Brahman. The snake does not
really exist.

To an uttama adhikAri, we simply say it doesn't exist.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan
On 8 Sep 2015 20:40, "Durga Janaswamy via Advaita-l" <