[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Swami Dayanand Saraswati (of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam) leaves his body

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram Srikrishna_Ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 12:05:19 CDT 2015

Om!

Mr. Stephen Knapp's narration was simple. Only Sri Jaldhar and Others
chose to see 'corruption' in that.

It is obvious/possible that Swami Dayananda, through his letter, wanted
to inform any doubters that Stephen Knapp should not be prevented from
being able to participate in his chosen temple visits, because he does
not look like another common Indian.

I would even guess that Swami Ji would have had the intention that
Stephen Knapp would write about Hindu (temple) culture which he learns
from the eyes of a researcher, which we ourselves have ignored and
destroyed or do not do enough to highlight. Even if someone argues that
he/she is doing  a lot to represent Hindu culture, a new / foreign
observation is a welcome addition, specially if it has a broader
appeal/reach in and outside India.

The objective of the narration was to highlight how considerate Swami Ji
was, to pay attention to individuals who were involved in the
propagation of Hindu Dharma.

People should not read out-of-context.

There is no reason to have grudge even if some VIP (in general, not
referring to Stephen Knapp's narration) gets preference and is being
able to cut lines/queues, after all Isvara knows what is right. Those
VIPs, more than common people like me, have to work in their allotted
fields of public good. But, they may have their own needs of temple
visits. So, facilitating them to move forward is not a loss. They will
do good to public in general. Isvara knows, not just the internet critics.

No priest can attend Stephen Knapp or any others, over long period of
time in a day, so they may want to finish the task and move on. So, the
priest might have taken SK to the front of the line and finished his
task first. It might appear differently to others.

Those who can't see Isvara's plan sulk and complain and lose sight of
the Meenakshi who is shining in front.

If there is one lesson that can be taken from Stephen Knapp's narration
of Swami Ji's letter, it is that one should do whatever they can to
facilitate, propagate Hindu Dharma.

Because not everyone can see it, let the spiritual leaders direct common
course.

Om!

Srikrishna