[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 05:33:35 CDT 2016

Chandramouli ji - PraNAms

Just quick answer - Just reached States and I have to take a class at Chinmaya mission in couple of hours.

Yes world is vivarta - since Brahman cannot undergo pariNAma - anantatvat.

However even gold transforming involves vivarta only - vaachaarambhanam vikaaro naamadheyam - Gold remains as gold when ring, bangle etc form - It is transformation-less transformation.

Ring becoming bangle is pariNAma - in this case we are not taking about gold - one form transforms into another by pariNAma. This applies also for jagat when tree transforms into table and chair, etc. Ontological status of gold and ornaments are different - hence vivarta. The ontological status of ring, bangle etc are same hence one transforming into other is pariNAma only.

The sad vidya starts with the proposition - eka vijnaanena sarva vijnaanam bhavati - This is not possible for pariNAma and possible only if the forms with names are only vivarta.

Vaachaarambhanam vikaaro naamadheyam is the essential statement to show that world is mithyaa.

I have  to go.

Best wishes

Hari Om!
Sada