[Advaita-l] Question : Bhagavad-Gita -My verse

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:55:42 CDT 2016

Namaste
Setting a goal in life and mission in life these are Western ideas.
They are bogus ideas. Indian culture and Sanatana Dharma will not give
importance to these. If you ask a very orthodox Brahmin his goal in
life he will invariably say to follow his Varna Ashrama Dharma. This
is not a secret. Gita is also teaching same thing ultimately. Follow
your Dharma without getting attached to rewards. The whole Gita was
delivered by God just because Arjuna was not following his Dharma in
the battlefield.

Some orthodox people may say to serve God in Bhakti. This is the goal
of life. Gita is also teaching Bhakti.

Some orthodox people will say to know Brahman is the goal of life.
Gita is also teaching this Jnana.

Therefore there are only three orthodox Goals, only three Missions in Life

Karma, Bhakti or Jnana. You have to choose from these three only.
There is no other choice.

If someone has a different Goal like becoming a rich man or get power
or success in exams and so on they are all Bogus goals and missions.
They are all in bondage of Maya. They will all end in Sorrow and more
Illusion.

-Venkatesh