[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 5 06:53:52 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Sada prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The sad vidya starts with the proposition - eka vijnaanena sarva vijnaanam bhavati - This is not possible for pariNAma and possible only if the forms with names are only vivarta.

Vaachaarambhanam vikaaro naamadheyam is the essential statement to show that world is mithyaa.

>  I am really wondering where exactly I am  differing here to continue this discussion with you :-) Yes, when the upAdAna is known of an effect then all upAdAna's effects are automatically known.  It is not possible if the one thing is entirely different from another thing.  But here effects (pot, jar etc.) are not different from the cause (clay).  Therefore, if the cause is known / realized all its effects are automatically known.  chAndOgya says same thing.  When one realize the cause behind the effect vAchAraMbhaNa all effects would be known automatically.  All the effects are only vAchArambhaNa, special shapes and names to make the cause known.  It is only through them we can understand the cause.  If we wrongly conclude this vAchAraMbhaNa itself is mithyA ( it would become mithya when it is perceived independently from its cause) then the cause which is adhishtANam and upAdAnaM would become mithyA as well.  Result is shUnya !! :-) shankara somewhere clarifies that if the name and form were not distinguished, then the upAdhirahita nature of this prajnAnaghana Atman would not have been known.  The content of effect is only in their cause hence it has been said in chAndOgya : vAchAraMbhaNam vikArO nAmadheyaM mruttiketyeva satyaM.  mrutsAmAnya what needs to be realized while seeing the mrutvikAra.  One need not smash and brake the pot to know the clay in it or do we !!??  :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar