[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 5 07:21:30 CDT 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna

With this small note on srushti I would like to wind-up my shop for the day :-)

The order of srushti is not similar in shruti.  Prashna says he created life from life faith, ether, air, light water, earth, senses, mind and food and subsequent srushti-s like mantra-s, tapas etc. from food. And mundaka gives spider example, Itareya starts Atma vA idameka evAgra Aseet and there is nothing else, sentient and non-sentient.  He thought let me create the worlds and he created this world.  chAndOgya too narrates the srushti story like Itareya sadeva soumya idamagra Aseet ekamevAdviteeyaM etc. taittereeya up. Says sOkAmayata, bahusyAm prajayeyeti sa tapOtapyata, idaM sarvam asrujata yadidaM kiMcha, tatsrushvA tadevAnuprAvishat etc. Here in these various accounts of creation, creation in the sense of giving rise to something out of nothing is unknown to the Upanishads.  Akshara without attributes is itself the stuff (essence) of this created universe.  And it continue to say this created universe, the parabrahman is the ONLY efficient and material cause.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar