[Advaita-l] Who is this Angustha Parimana Purusha?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:43:35 CDT 2016

Namaste Venkataji,

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Ramana Maharshi says it is to the right side of our chest
> (as opposed to physical heart which is towards left).
>
> //
>
> Traditional scholars differ with the above.  In-fact, दहरपुण्डरीक​ is said
> to be
> in the physical heart.  This is what I am told by couple of traditional
> scholars
> who studied in Sringeri.

Bhagavan Ramana was asked as to the source of this right side spiritual
heart, and He replied that other than everyone's anubhava of pointing to
the right side to assert oneself, there are  two sources. If I remember
right, one was an ayurvedic work in Malayalam, while the other was Sita
Upanishad.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */