[Advaita-l] Fwd: [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Ranjit V vranjit49 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:00:51 CDT 2016

Namaste

It is indeed quite common to see all sorts of nonsense written on the
internet and no one would be obligated to acknowledge such things. However
when such non sense takes on the garb of truth, it is worrying. It is
similar to the sellers of Vedas who institutionalize ‎such practice of
subversion. But then again this is kaliyuga. We have seen how such nonsense
have passed off as  'schools of vedanta'. Perhaps now even Shankara's
philosophy will be diluted.

Elsewhere someone was claiming that Shankara was a Vaishnava and he never
applied bhasma. It is of no consequence for some one who knows a bit about
tradition but there are many new seekers who can be confused. Not just
that, in some instances even the learned Pandits sometimes try to reconcile
with such lies believing all that to be true!

Anyway there is only so much any one could do. At the end of the day,
everything is preordained. My effort is only in trying to reason. I did not
quote anything because I figured members here would be on the same pedestal
and there is no need to prove anything desperately. But was I wrong :D
difference of opinion will always be there even among the same adherents.
However not in this epic proportion.

Lastly, I have made no personal comments on anyone. I think you are blaming
Shankara here Mr Bhaskar! In this context I am curious ‎to know if this
view of yours was taught to you by a guru, or is it a figment of your
imagination.