[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 7 05:45:45 CDT 2016

Namaste,
As a beginner the thread was very informative.
My doubt is like 'brahma satyam jagat mithya' it's also said that the 'aatma jnaanam' (aham brahmaasmi) is already there(not bound by time and otherwise) from the time of birth. But then why is it that as children one does not say so ? (exceptions accepted) IMHU it is because the birth itself is due to 'avidya' (ego/ mind/ahamkaara/jagat) and the whole process of taking the 'guru shaastra vichaara' is done by the 'ahamkaara' and using this 'ahamkaara' i turn my attention to the 'aatma' which is the 'adhishtaanam' (like the waker for the swapna) and understand the real swarupam. By that the 'ahamkaara' is disowned and alongwith the 'jnaanitwam' too. So in the final analysis would the statement - 'brahma satyam jagat mithya' too become redundant ?

Regards
Balagopal