[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:55:50 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Bhaskarji,

Let me clarify my query ..

When you say,

>> It is because the external world neither opposed to the jnAni nor it
appears as mithya for the jnAni

In brahmaikatva or samyak jnAna, is there an external world or internal
something apart from It ?

If yes, we can discuss about the mithya or satyatvam of that entity..

If none, why do you want to keep qualifying this external world or jagat in
the context of samyak jnAna ?

In the realm of samyak jnAna, what is the significance of jagat or
vyavahAra ?

why give so much importance to jagat or vyavahAra, of what use is that, in
advaita paramArtha jnAna itself ?

Why not limit the scope to samyak jnAna and explain its significance ?

(Pl note: if you say that the entire discussion all along (your prakriya or
your interpretation of Sruti / bhAshya ) was used in the context of conveying
the ultimate reality of Atman and you chose this approach - brahma satyam
jagat satyam, jnAni vyavahAra satyam eva etc, I have no further queries :)

Thanks