[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 07:33:16 CDT 2016

Namaste Bhaskarji,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> Ø   I mentioned SDS school of thought just to address the prabhuji-s who
> are closely following the teachings of Sri SDS & Swamy paramArthAnanda, not
> to  offend anyone and no intention of drive away the traditional teaching
> of shankara from them.  When I have been addressed as  ‘Mattur prakriya’
> follower just because I was following Sri SSS’s teaching, I was not
> offended nor thought that ‘Mattur prakriya’ is something different from
> shankara’s prasthAna traya prakriya.

As I said, it was FYI, out of my respect for Pujya Swamiji, and I have no
reason to take offence.

> So, it’s all depend on how you read these lines and between the lines J

There was only reading the line, nothing in between. Pujya Swamiji didn't
like the usage "school of thought" for Vedanta, since he said it is the
truth. I thought you and/ or may be others would like to know.

By the way, though not directly relevant to this thread, just curious to
> know your clarification with regard to traditional stand on VC Vs
> questioning and doubting of same prakaraNa grantha with regard to contents
> and authorship from Arsha Vidya followers (for example previously Dr.
> Michael Comans & in ashrama Sri VasudevaachArya) .  Which approach you
> think more traditional and authentic?

Not that I would like to comment even if I knew what you're talking about,
but I do not know what their respective stands are. Still, if you would
like to know, Vivekachudamani is taught in the Gurukulam, and Pujya Swamiji
has written a book on selected verses. This is also just FYI.

> PS: its not pUrNamadaM, its pUrNamadAH or pUrNamidaM.
>

> Ø     Thanks for the correction…but we chant this mantra pUrNamadaH
> pUrNamidaM etc. an elongated ‘A’ in pUrNamadAH as you have written above,
> would force me to chant deergha to the ‘da’.  That is my way of reading the
> transliterated Sanskrit words J

Yes thanks, that deergha A should be hrasva as pUrNamadaH, a typo, due to
what is called a sticky key, which sticks on between adjacent letters.
Anyway, I commented on it because I saw you use it earlier also and thought
that you're not the one to use wrong words; so I marked a PS to point out
an oversight.

> Anyway, I am not so good at transliterated writing nevertheless I write it
> without any fear coz. I know prabhuji-s like you would always be eager to
> pick these mistakes and  correct it J

Oh, not at all, you are quite good at it, especially since you have trouble
with devanagari fonts on your PC. Far from being eager to use, let alone
correct, I have discomfort reading transliterations myself. :)

Apologies to all for digressing from the thread subject.

praNAm,
--praveen