[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 27 00:14:43 CDT 2016

praNAms Aurobindo prabhuji
hare Krishna

When we harp only on the nAma rUpa jagat similar to ornaments we are not moving forward. The obvious question that should follow is, okay that is the case what is that appears as nAma rUpa jagat or ornaments? At this point of time we move forward to the truth that SarvaM Brahma.

>  it is because of this confusion about jagat mithyatva shankara gives two meanings to janAdasya yatha sUtra  and vAchAraMbhaNa shruti in chAndOgya.  When the ornament talked without considering its gold content it is kevala name sake (vAchAraMbhaNam vikAro nAmadheyaM)  whereas to talk about gold, we have to do the alambhana on ornament because the mUla kAraNaM for the ornament is nirvikAri brahman.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar