[Advaita-l] Deprecating foreign scholars is not Hindu tradition

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 23:47:45 CDT 2016

Brahman being the svarUpa of everything in creation, it cannot be the
prerogative of just a human, male, Brahmin.

There are certain infrastructural advantages to that category that aid in
the acquisition of knowledge, but by no means is that an exclusive set of
criteria in my opinion.

What is definitely needed is jnAna sAdhana (shravaNa, manana, nidhidhyAsana
of scripture under a competent guru) and the mental qualifications required
to absorb, analyse and assimilate the information (sAdhana chatushTaya
sampatti).

Regards,
Venkatraghavan