[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva as the son of Brahma

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 08:25:50 CDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 5:32 PM, D Gayatri via Advaita-l <

> Alright, you have a point. So I will explain why you can't compare birth of
> Rudra from Prajapati to that of Ishwara taking an incarnation. This is
> because, the baby Rudra, in the satapatha brahmana episode, cries that he
> is not free from sins. Certainly, this is not the mark of Ishwara, since
> Ishwara is always free from sins.

Rama in the VR laments he is suffering only because of his past karma. Is
that a mark of Ishwara? Also, in the Shatapatha brahmana, I have seen a
Sayana bhashya saying that it is an ākhyāyika' story, which is arthavāda in
the context of a vidhi.