[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva as the son of Brahma

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 09:01:25 CDT 2016

Rama is supposed to behave exactly like a human being, because of brahma's
boon to Ravana. So the comparison is incorrect. And if you talk of
Ramayana, there is an incident described in bAla kANDa where the gods want
to know whether Shiva or Vishnu is supreme. A fight ensues between them and
Vishnu wins and the gods decide Vishnu is superior. That most certainly
goes counter to your "Shiva is supreme" vAda.