[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva as the son of Brahma

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:11:56 CDT 2016

And one more thing Sri Srinath. Despite all my posts supporting Vishnu as
vedAntic Brahman, I hold that Vishnu's Ishwaratva is ultimately unreal and
only nirvishesha Brahman (NB) is ultimately real. Vishnu, devoid of His
Ishwaratva is NB and I, devoid of my jIvatva am NB. Difference is that he
knows and I don't know. And his grace is needed to obtain jnAna and only
this jnAna can destroy avidya. So let me make it clear that even though we
both hold Vishnu as vedAntic Brahman, our positions are mutually
incompatible.

Regards
Gayatri