[Advaita-l] Rudram - Vedic references

Shyam Subramanian shyamsub at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:13:57 CDT 2016

SrI Shashi,

Namaste. While svaras are not present in laukika saMskrita currently, there
is evidence that the udAtta, anudAtta, svarita classification was present
in laukika "bhAshA" also in earlier times (vide the sUtra-s "uccair
udAttaH", "nIcair anudAttaH", "samAhAra svaritaH" etc in pANini's
ashTAdhyAyI ). I do not know when it vanished from laukika usage, though.

Regards,
Shyam/श्यामः

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Shashi via Advaita-l <