[Advaita-l] Shankara bhagavatpAda did not approve worship of Ganesha

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:13:09 CDT 2016

Namaste

5 years back itself this topic was discussed here. Kindly see archives
for June and July 2011. Ganapati Atharva Sheersha Vakyas like Tvameva
Sarvam Khalvidam Brahmasi, Tvameva Pratyaksham Brahmasi, Tvam Sakshad
Atmasi Nityam and other Upanishad Vakyas are there for proving Ganesha
is Brahman only. As a matter of fact we can show many Pramanas for all
five Panchayatana deities are Brahman. No need to make any deity
inferior like the Dvaitis.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 4:08 PM, D Gayatri via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> I did not want to post this initially since it belongs to a different
> forum, but since other members have brought the discussion of other
> forums into this forum, I guess there is no harm in posting this. In
> any case, truth must be told at all costs and that includes, the
> danger of getting expelled from the forum. So here goes -
>

> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/science-religion-philosophy/vinayaka%7Csort:relevance/science-religion-philosophy/-Iiw1BokuVI/orAhe1pnEgAJ

-Venkatesh