[Advaita-l] avidya vs maayaa - What is the difference? Part III

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 06:22:17 CST 2016

Namaste Sri Bhaskar ji,
That mantra जीवेशावभासेन करोति माया च अविद्या च स्वयमेव भवति is saying that
prakriti which is itself mAya and avidyA, creates the reflections of
consciousness in those two, known as Ishvara and jIva respectively.

This particular view is what I was referring to in the earlier email, as
shuddha sattva / malina sattva etc, as you rightly observed.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan