[Advaita-l] Fwd: "time" as defined in Vedanta pariBAsha.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 07:27:30 CST 2016

PraNams
Actually Vedanta Paribhasha does not define time. It accepts the meemamsa position that when I observe an object - I observe the object here and now - hence now defines a time. When I am observing an object continuously the observation is viewed as series observation of the same object - digitization of an analog signal.

Time is a gap between two sequential observations involving now and then by an observer independent of the observation. Without observer, time cannot be defined. Observer is independent of the time.

Space is a gap between two simultaneous observations by an observer.
There is no time in Now. Now is present and is a gap where past meets the future. The gap can be divided into smaller smaller - this year, this month, this day, this hour, this minute, this micro-minute, this peco-minute ... one can go one. It is getting reduced to nul vector. What is the truth about the present or now is the presence of the conscious entity who is independent of the time.

Time has to be inferred by the mind - No time during deep - sleep state and no space also - since there are no two observations to define time.
Cause effect relation comes with the mind and therefore time comes in with the mind.
Hari Om!Sadananda