[Advaita-l] Gayatri japa

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 05:36:21 CST 2016

Namaste

If the friend is doing all this Gayatri Japam and Upanayanam of his
son and his son does not do Sandhya what is the use? People must
decide why they are doing Upanayanam? Is it to make the son do Sandhya
regularly OR to do a social event with relatives and enjoy good food
and forget about Sandhya later? If he is doing it for social purposes
why take all the trouble of 10,000 Japa? No need. I have seen many
boys will not do Sandhya after the Upanayanam probably because the
father is not doing it. After some time they will discard the thread
also and become modern youth. For them Just do the social event and
don't worry about Sandhya. If father is doing Upanayanam of his son to
make him do Sandhya regularly he must do the Japa.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 11:05 AM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Durga Prasad Janaswamy via Advaita-l <
>
>> Hari Om,
>> Pranams.
>>
>> My relative is performing upanayanam of his son in Feb 2017.
>> My relative does not do Sandhyavanadanam.
>> Should my relative do some Gayatri japa before actual upanayanam date? If
>> so, how many?
>>

> Since there is enough time left, please ask your friend to do a total of
> 10,000 gayatri japa over the period completing the number before the
> upanayanam. In a worst case scenario, your friend can at least ask a good
> brahmin friend of his or a purohita to perform the above number, by giving
> a sizable dakshina, fee, for the job.
>
> regards
> vs
>

>> thank you and regards