[Advaita-l] Fwd: "time" as defined in Vedanta pariBAsha.

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 05:47:32 CST 2016

Namaste Sri Venkatraghavan Ji,

Reg << Another reason I have heard is that there is no time when time is
not there, so to call it an effect, presupposes a cause to exist at a time
before time itself exists, which is a logical impossibility.>>,

Not exactly.  We all have the sushupti experience when time is not
experienced at all. It is an avastha (not a time) when time was not there.
Time is linked to avastha. Only when time is part of an avastha we can say
there is no time when time was not there. And only when time is accepted,
cause-effect relationship has a logical meaning.