[Advaita-l] Fwd: "time" as defined in Vedanta pariBAsha.

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:29:07 CST 2016

Thank you Chandramouli ji.

Many of the references cited by Prof. Hiriyanna are also quoted by Sri DS
Subbaramaiya in the Dakshinamurthi stotram Vol 1 (the reference I had sent
a couple of days ago) - in fact the presentation of the multiple views of
time is remarkably similar between the two authors.

The nature of time as an effect that Prof. Hiriyanna alludes to (and you
refer to in your subsequent email) are I believe beautifully described in
VidyAraNya svAmi's bhAshya of sUta samhita verse 1.8.23 - which I shared
last evening with this group. He says, "उदित इति न जन्मभिप्रायम् । किन्तु
मायावत्सदा सद्भावादिति । प्रागसत: सत्तासम्बन्धवाचको ह्युदयशब्द:".
vidyAraNya with this explanation, beautifully equates the two views of time
- one as an effect of mAya and the other as a relation between mAya and
Brahman. The two viewpoints are not as far apart as we initially seem to
suspect.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com