[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Works of Sri Vidyashankara

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 12:31:27 CST 2016

Dear Venkatraghavanji,

>From Adi Shankaracharya's style of writing in the Brahmasutrabhashya and his other works,  late Prof. Karmarkar showed that Bhagavadgita bhashya cannot be a work of Adi Shankaracharya. To my knowledge no scholar has refuted the observations of Prof. Karmarkar, that the Bhagavadgitabhashya cannot be a work of Adi Shankaracharya. If you are in the know of any refutation, kindly do let me know.

Moreover, in the book "Shankara and Indian philosophy, pp.41-42" by Nataliya  Isayeva, writes that the Bhavagadgitabhashya  of Shankara implies the doctrine of Sundarapandya on adhyaropa-apavada.

Then comes the number of bhashyas by Adi Shankara. Has anybody been able to show which were the sixteen authentic bhashyas of Adi Shankara?

Regards,
skb