[Advaita-l] Is study of Vedanta necessary?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 04:53:34 CST 2016

PraNAms to all

Question – Is intensive study of Vedanta essential for self-realization? Is not sufficient to have the faith that I am conscious-existent entity which is unchanging and I am not this body-mind and intellect which are continuously changing.   I am the essence of this universe since without I (not BMI) the very existence of the universe cannot be established.

2. Does one need a faith that Vedanta is apourusheyam, etc.

3. If one sees everything is nothing but the Lord – yo maam pasyati sarvatra sarvanca mayi pasyati – One who sees Me everywhere and everything in Me  ; This comes immediately after  sarva bhuutastam aatmaanam sarva bhuutanica aatmani-One who sees self in all and in oneself.  Both statements seem to be equivalent. Interestingly the statement that involves Bhakti comes after the statement that involves Janaanam- although both appear to indicate the same.

4. What are your thoughts on these?

Hari Om!
Sada