[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 00:26:02 CST 2016

Rajeshji - PraNAms

I though I answered the question - Jnaani does not need or cannot sleep sleep since jnanam involves recognition that I am Brahman, aham braahmaasmi - and scripture says knower of Brahman becomes Brahman; Brahman being Brahman need not and cannot also sleep. His BMI need to sleep since it gets tired.

anjaani also need not and cannot sleep being Brahmnan; but in his case he thinks he needs to sleep and he thinks he slept also by taadaatmyam or identification with the BMI as I am this BMI.

Hence the difference between jnaani and ajnaani is only that jnaani knows that he is not BMI - they are in him but he is not BMI. Hence one can even say - He sleeps and yet he does not sleep. It is not a contradiction - just as Krishna say- mastaani sarva bhuutani and in the very next sloka he says - na cha mastaani bhuutani. Both are correct - the reference state for each statement is only different. Hence jnaani sleep and yet jnaani does not sleep - That is his Vibhuti. - pasyan me yogamaiswaram!

Hope this helps.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

If you read my original response this was stated so.