[Advaita-l] Sons known after their Mothers' names

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:55:05 CDT 2016

Subrahmanym ji,

The very fact that Jabala Satyakama episode has been specially mentioned in
such detail in Ch.Up.
shows that an issue exists in the story.

If Satyakama was a regular son of a brahman and brahmani couple it is
something common and normal and the
Ch.Up. has no necessity to mention it because mentioning it in such detail
will be superfluous.

Jabala has no necessity of mentioning her service to many in her youth as
the cause of her not knowing her son's gotra.

regards,
Sarma.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <