[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:19:00 CDT 2016

Dear Sri Anand Ji,

Namaste.

Reg your observation  << I would like to clarify this. One should not
confuse prAtibhAsika satya for
asat (tuccha). It is true that PrakAshAnanda debunks the notion of
vyAvahArika satya. But this does not mean that he relegates the status of
the world to a mere tuccha entity, such as a hare's horns (unless of course
he is speaking from a pArAmArthika viewpoint). Again, the key operating
principle to remember here is the svapna dRShTAnta. Nobody equates dream
objects to totally nonexistent objects such as a hare's horn. Why? As the
dream objects are *perceived*, whereas a hare's horns are never perceived.
If PrakAshAnanda had denied *perception* itself, he would have been open to
the charge of making the status of the world tuccha. But he does not deny
perception. What he does is to use dream perception as the basis to
interpret perception in the waking state. >>,

I did not quite understand. What is the meaning of tuccha with reference to
asat ,prAtibhAsika satya and dream objects in the view of the author ??
Regret if the question appears naïve. But I am certainly confused by your
note. Kindly clarify.