[Advaita-l] About Satyakama

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:58:08 CDT 2016

Namaste

Adi Sankara is very correct. Jabala was a Brahmin lady. But she
followed ancient custom of living in many households with Rishis
according to her own wishes. She was not a low caste maidservant.
Idiots acting like scholars say she was a low caste woman. She did not
remember which Rishi was Satyakama's father. If she remembered the
father knowing the Gotra was possible. Because Rishi and Gotra are
linked.

Another thing is women are always by nature pure minded. They do not
have impure thoughts like men. Men in ancient times were pure minded.
They were pure minded like male animals and male birds. The male
animals approach the females only in season but not outside. The
female in season will choose the male. Similarly the ancient women
were choosing the man. In the next season the female may choose a
different male. Similarly ancient women were changing partners
according to the natural instinct. This was the approved custom. All
the Rishis followed it.

Gradually men became more and more impure. Therefore they put
restrictions on women to protect them from impure minded men. You can
see the most extreme position in Islam. They put so much restriction
to prevent a woman to show even her face. The restrictions should be
on impure men but they are putting all restrictions on women only. It
is a big farce.

-Venkatesh