[Advaita-l] Topic for Discussion: What is Nirvikalpaka Samaadhi?

Aurobind Padiyath aurobind.padiyath at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:44:23 CST 2016

Hari Om! Sadaji,
I've understood what you are explaining and agree with you. Basically both
of us are using different prakriyas, and hence the difference.
Once the Srushti is accepted, to explain the experiences of Jeeva, then all
that you said is the way to go forward. Which I'm not in agreement with.
Because for me the view is that the Srushti has never happened. Then only
the words Ajah Nitya Saswatah etc also has meaning. And that's the
conviction I hold. The rope has never become the snake in all the three
times and any explanation glorifying that snake has no meaning either.
Coming to deep sleep the texts like Panchdashi, Vivekachoodamani etc uses
the paradrshti prakriya where as Mandukya, Chandogya, Brhadaranyaka etc
uses Atmadrshti prakriyas. Hence this different approach is a widely argued
in various books but never come to conclusion because of the stand point of
the person and which prakriya he is adopting.

Thank you for giving your views. For academic interest I'll be glad to
receive the file you mentioned.

Hari Om!

Aurobind