[Advaita-l] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Mar 15 05:08:25 CDT 2016

The fundamental error in manipulating these equations the way it is done is in not recognizing that Brahman and upAdhi/jagat/nAma/rUpa relate to two different levels of Reality.

praNAms Sri Chandramouli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

For that matter the socalled upAdhi / jagat / nAma / rUpa brahman is the only efficient and material cause.  vyAvahArika satya wherein these things (upAdhi etc.) hold water requires the pAramArthika satyatva of brahman as adhishtAnaM for its existence.  We cannot discard the pAramArtika satyatva of parabrahman in vyAvahArika satya since to carry out the vyAvahArika satyatva vyavahAra effectively brahman should be there as its adhishtAnaM.  And without this nAmarUpAdhi vyAkaraNa we will not be able to know ultimately brahman is nirupAdhika says shankara in bruhad bhAshya.  Moreover, two different levels of reality does not mean we have to draw a thick demarcation line between these realities since the satyasya satya is OtaprOta in this vyAvahArika satya as well.  Na hi nirAtmakaM kiMchit bhUtaM vyavahArAya avakalpate says shankara in geeta bhAshya.  Under these circumstances I don’t call your two levels of reality is erroneous but out of context considering that fact that brahman is abhinna nimittOpadAna kAraNa for this vyavahArAspada jagat.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar