[Advaita-l] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:57:36 CDT 2016

(Earlier response was sent only to Chandramouliji by mistake. It also had
errors that I've fixed herewith. Apologies.)

Namaste Chandramouliji,

Thanks for your flattering words, since it was far from excellence, and
also for pointing out the discomfort. I too felt that it sounds a little
uncomfortable and perhaps saying "considered erroneously as the individual"
would read better. However, that is the fact when Bhagavatpada says, जीवो
ब्रह्मैव नापरः. To put it in other words, it is what is called as
ऐक्यसामानाधिकरण्यम्, which means that individual is really non-different
from brahman, while जगत् and ब्रह्म are in बाधसामानाधिकरण्यम्, which means
that world is really not there, only Brahman is there.

Satinderji, Sadaji, Venkatraghavanji, thanks also to you for your kind
words.