[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 13:41:47 CDT 2016

Namaste,

You let the cat out of the bag by saying "Probably our understanding of the whole phenomena is deficient and our reasoning faculty is not measuring enough to unravel what is Brahman."  That is because we are trying to do the impossible, i.e., to have a continuity between the Vyavaharika Satya and the Paramarthika Satya. Both are Satyas but in different dimensions.  The Vyavaharika Satya disappears at the very moment of true realization of the Paramarthika Satya. Until we become able to curb / destroy our desires and develop the Vairagya, all our knowledge of Advaita is mere academic exercise. The knowledge of Advaita is useful to begin with, but it become effective and produce result when we develop the Vairagya. At that stage we essentially become the Sanyashi, not necessarily by our attire, but by our attitude. The Vyavaharika Satya vanishes for the realized, but not for the world.. The Sun and Moon will shine for the others but the realized will become one with the Sun and the Moon and everything.

My 2 cents

Regards,
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya