[Advaita-l] Why was the illusory universe generated at the first place?

Aurobind Padiyath aurobind.padiyath at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:25:58 CDT 2016

Pranams,

You asked two issues

1. If it is  I who generated this illusion it means I have that so called
imperfection called avidya. Why I the consciousness contain such
imperfection.

Illusion is never a creation and no one can create it. Is darkness a
creation? But once you experience the darkness you may create a ghost etc
out of imagination. But you cannot have the vision of the
ghost-looking-object as ghost in broad daylight unless one is mad or having
differently-abled mind.
Can you also ask when did the creation of ghost take place? Etc.

2. What kind of nature is that which bonds Brahman itself?!

So do we call darkness as a creation? Or do we say that is natural to have
darkness when light is not there?
It is in this sense that it is called natural. Will you say that darkness
is binding light? So too Brahman. The absence of light of knowledge creates
apparent vision of multiplicity. Up on the dwan of wisdom the Truth is
revealed.

Now instead of asking more questions about the non-real ignorance, ask
about the nature of knowledge. If you search for ignorance you will remain
in it, but inquiry into knowledge will bestow you with it. That will solve
any questions about ignorance.

Aurobind
On 25 Mar 2016 02:56, "Shashwata Shastri via Advaita-l" <