[Advaita-l] Fwd: Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Aurobind Padiyath aurobind.padiyath at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:04:39 CDT 2016

Pranams,

If we look at all the examples used to explain this AdhyAropa, we can see
that there is some absolute commonality between the two. Like post and
ghost, nacre and silver, snake and rope etc. One do not see snake on a post
etc etc. So we do not need another world to do the AdhyAropa and then the
apavAda of it.
What the Advaitin want to convey is as there is a necessity for a
commonality in those examples the commonality between the apparent world
and the Ahishtana Brahman is the Sat and Chit of both. In that sense both
Brahman and Jagat is Sat, but if one is seeing sorrows or happiness and
other qualities on the world, they are imaginary and are not permanent.
When we see this aspect we say Ekatwamanupaschyati. Or  Yo mAm paschyati
Sarvatra sarvam cha mayi paschyati...etc.
We don't have to be a 7th grade or even uneducated to understand this. It's
mere commonsense.
And no fool will say he needs one more world to superimpose on another.

Aurobind
On 25 Mar 2016 11:38, "Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l" <