[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 30 03:00:17 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Sada prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Jnaanam will not destroy the vyaavhaarika satyam - ring/gold or pot/ mud or world/Iswara (Brahman point there is no world even). However jnaanam involves in spite of understanding that everything is nothing but Brahman which is one without a second, he sees the world of plurality with the BMI as long as BMI is there to see (since they are both same order of reality).

>  As long as BMI is there,  there exists the jagat and BMI on the same order of reality and this reality has been gained from the parabrahman only.  We have to say like this because for the BMI of jeeva and nAma rUpAtmaka jagat brahman is the upAdAna kAraNa.

Only when the BMI drops out as in videha mukti - no more perceiver/perceived duality in Brahman.

>  Advaita paramArtha jnana is not dehAntara or kAlAntara or lOkAntara jnana.  The Atmaikatva jnana to be realized in this very life insists shankara.  There is no two stages for the mOksha jnana to implicate  :  ONLY when the BMI drops there is no more prapancha / BMI and when BMI is there, there is prapancha too..videha mukti is not a special state of realization to make it aloof from jeevanmukti.

Is ring real or not - or pot real or not - Just as they are real enough to use - utility itself is not criteria for absolute reality as in dream world of objects as Goudapaada establishes in vaitatya prakaraNam.

>  for the records, shankara in sUtra bhAshya clarifies jAgrat vishaya vastu is paramAtma srushti whereas no trace of pAramArthika satyatva in svapna srushti.  Having said this I am not denying the fact that can be arrived from avasthAtraya prakriya.  i.e. Atman is avasthAteeta and he is neither antaH prAjna nor bahiH prajna etc.

Since BMI and the world are Iswara sRishti they do not disappear with janaam.

>  Yes, prabhuji, this is what exactly I am saying.  Ishwara srushti is not jeeva kalpita nor avidyA kalpita, the hetu of this srushti is Ishwara himself.

Only samsaara which is jiiva sRishTi disappears for a a jnaani.

>  I agree with you again prabhuji, what is avidyA kalpita here is jeeva's parichinnatva and resultant ahaMkAra mamakAra in samsara.

Seeing the world does not make it real - in fact it makes it mithyaa only since it is seen.

>  it is seen even after jnana hence it is not mithyA it is satya only in its kAraNarUpa.

As sat cannot be seen and asat also cannot be seen.

>  if the 'seeing' is the main criteria for determining the reality, then as per your logic even brahman also become unreal as it cannot be seen :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar