[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 23:16:06 CDT 2016

Namaste

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> We have explained at length again and again that it is pure being (parabrahman) along that is spoken of as a jeeva owing to connection with an upAdhi.  This being so, we talk of one particular jeeva, so long as bandha continues to one upAdhi.  But in the case of bondage continues to attach another upAdhi, the talk of another (nAnA) becomes necessary.  Shankara in sUtra bhAshyaNa cha girinadisamudrAdishu nAnAvidheshu nAma rUpeshu aneeshvarasya jeevasya vyAkaraNa sAmarthyaM asti, and it creation is not possible even to siddha purusha-s and Ishwara is the ONLY capable person to do this jagadvyApArastu nitya siddha Ishwarasya  shankara in phalAdhyAya.  Call it jeeva, Ishwara, brahma whatever you want what ultimately remains is that Chaitanya only and that is eka meva.  I don’t have anything more to add to this.

Ishwara may be the creator. But who created Ishwara? It is the
imagination of the Jeeva. Therefore all the creation is happening only
the mind of the One Jeeva. This is the same as DSV. I cannot argue
with you on this because it is simple to understand.

> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

>>> Venkatraghavan
>>>
>>> For assistance, contact: