[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 22:18:16 CDT 2016

Dear Shri Praveenji,

You are welcome. I have been looking for a commentary on the
vedAntasiddhantamuktavalI called siddhAntapradIpikA by Nana Dikshita. It is
supposed to be an important contribution to the dRShTi-sRShTi-vAda or
eka-jIva-vAda. The usual Google and DLI searches have drawn a blank.
Dasgupta mentions this commentary in his History of Indian Philosophy,
Volume II, page 225. It is interesting to note that the school of
PrakAshAnanda, the author of vedAntasiddhAntamuktAvalI had, at one time,
numerous followers pervading India
(yacchiShya-shiShya-sandoha-vyApta-bhArata-bhUmayaH in the words of Nana
Dikshita), though at the present time, we hear mostly about the bhAmatI and
VivaraNa schools. Nana DikShita pays PrakAshAnanda and his school a rich
tribute:

yacchiShya-shiShya-sandoha-vyApta-bhArata-bhUmayaH|
vande taM yatibhirvandyaM prakAshAnandam-Ishvaram||

Anand