[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue May 10 01:41:03 CDT 2016

Namaste Chandramouliji,

I don't know the answer to your bhAshya question, will leave it for other
members more well informed than me to comment.

Regarding Sri Anand ji's quote, I didn't interpret Hiranyagarbha, Rudra,
Vishnu etc to mean Ishvara here (they may well mean that in other
contexts), because Sri Appayya Dikshitar later uses Ishvara directly to
mean the jIva himself - "Ishvara .api san bhrAnto bhavati jAgare" - despite
*being Ishvara*, he is deluded in the waking state. So, whereas the
trimurti are described as his creations, Ishvara is his nature. So prAjna
is being talked about here in my opinion, but I'm open to being corrected.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan