[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue May 10 03:10:53 CDT 2016

It seems that the word ‘samsāra’ means ‘jīva-sṛṣṭi’ or ‘mano-sṛṣṭi’, while vishva or jagat means the world created by Īshvara.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The above is what I tried to convey to this list in the jagan mithyatva discussion.  In short, woman, kids, giri, nadi sakala nAma rUpa in this jagat is Ishwara srushti for which brahman is the both upAdAna and nimitta whereas  my wife, my son, my house, my BMI etc. are jeeva mAnasa parichinna pratyaya which is due to avidyA.  Jeeva cannot create (imagine) the jagat on its own, it is Ishwara (hiraNyagarbha) who creates this jagat for the jeeva for their karma bhOga (shankara explicitly says this in sUtra bhAshya).  If everything is mere imagination of me, the eka jeeva, I would have imagined 'my world' in a better way to make it as a comfortable place to stay longer :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar