[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:21:56 CDT 2016

Namaste Venkatraghavan ji,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> If we are going to decide the validity of a piece of knowledge and / or
> it's pramANa by what % of the pramANa is set aside after that pramANa
> reveals that knowledge - after one realises they are Brahman, 100% of the
> shruti can be set aside - as its purpose is served and is no longer needed.
> So is mokshA to be denied by that logic? Any pramANa is valid only for the
> pramAta.

True, but even before one realizes, the %age of topics covered by Shruti,
etc, have nothing to do with their importance in determining the purpose/
tAtparya. Else karmakANDa would overshadow Upanishads by a huge multiple!
Each of the Shruti topics has adhikAribheda, be it karmakANDa or jnAnakANDa
and for the same reason, there are more works by the tradition following
Bhagavatpada. They cater to people with questions that others either don't
face and therefore don't need to, or haven't reached in their manana yet
and therefore don't need at that stage.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */