[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:31:04 CDT 2016

Dear Sri Anand Ji,

 Namaste.

This is in continuation to my query reg conformity of EJV with the
bhAshya.  EJV relies heavily for its concept on the ShvEtAshvatara mantra

<< ‘अजामेकां लोहितशुक्लकृष्णां बह्वीः प्रजाः सृजमानां सरूपाः । अजो ह्येको
जुषमाणोऽनुशेते जहात्येनां भुक्तभोगामजोऽन्यः’ (श्वे. उ. ४-५) >>  ( page 16
of vedantasidhantamuktavali ) wherein at one point it states  << In the
word “ one “ plurality of jivas is denied  >>.

The same verse from ShvEtAshvatara is also commented upon specifically in
BSB 1-4-5 and 1-4-6. I am not quoting here from the Bhashya since it can
easily be referred to. But the bhashya as I could gather specifically
refers to Creation and multiplicity of jivas as its meaning while
commenting on this mantra.  Is this itself  not a clear indication that EJV
is not in conformity with the bhashya. I am really not interested in a
debate on the point, but would be quite content with just a brief, even
 yes or no type of answer.  Just for my personal understanding.