[Advaita-l] Childless going to naraga

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:31:29 CST 2016

Namaste,

The only thing that is eternal in the literal sense is Atma, and so when
shAstras use the term 'eternal' in any other context, it is only
metaphorical, to mean a long time.

We can only worry about things that we have some control over, our actions.
The results of those actions are at Ishvara's will. If we perform our
svadharma diligently as a dedication to Ishvara, He will take care of the
results. Let us also try to develop an attitude to accept whatever Ishvara
result decides to give as his prasAda. Easier said than done, but it is
necessary. No one will be punished unfairly and Ishvara is compassionate.
If He does punish for some past transgressions, it will only be for our
good, like a mother punishing a child - it is to teach us, not to harm us.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On 11 Nov 2016 1:18 a.m., "Vishnu Guru via Advaita-l" <