[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: The five pUrva pakshis of vaitathya prakaraNa

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:34:55 CST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> *Is it not appropriate ? Why not we accept it, as another prakriya?*
>
> praNAms
>
> Hare Krishna
>

> Where did I deny it when shruti itself clearly saying tureeya is devoid of
> kAraNa shareera but prAjna is with it.  Shuddham nirmalam avidyAmalarahitaM
> iti kAraNa shareera pratishedhaH.  The pure being tureeya is free from
> avidyA that is causal body.  This indirectly shows the existence of the
> causal body in sushupti.  So we donot have any qualms with it.  The
> problems come with the interpretation of it out of context and saying even
> in sushupti Atma has the upAdhi and that upAdhi is kAraNa shareera.  The
> causal body means not knowing the reality (jnAnAbhAva).  This kAraNa beeja
> is like a mental form (kindly don’t take it literally as we are not giving
> any ‘shape’ to the kAraNa shareera in sushupti).  This is also called as
> avidyA Shakti or avidyA beeja (seed) in some texts by attributing the
> bhAvarUpa (an existing thing) to it.

If such a bhAvarUpa avidyA beeja (as some potential undifferentiated form)
is admitted, as other than sat vastu ( seems a dvaitic standpoint), in deep
sleep, then, what is the yukti behind that beeja getting destroyed
completely (as not being the cause for any further manifestation), in other
words, how the Turiya jnAna attained during waking is cause for such a
destruction of beeja aka kAraNa sharIra ( if that is the cause admitted),
remains a question ( to Visvan ) ?

A question may arise, that Visvan ( realising oneself as Turiyan) during
waking, there is no rule that such Turiya jnAna is available to Taijasan as
well, during dream state ( may or may not be available, since dream being a
anavasthA ), this being so, how it is said that this Turiya jnAna in
waking, is responsible for the ultimate destruction of bhAvarUpa avidyA
beeja (kAraNa sharIra) in sushupti ?

I would think, there will be convincing answers on this topic ..as
otherwise, such admission of beeja rUpah in kAraNa sharIra will strengthen
the Yogi's sAdhana ( sAnkhya's viewpoints) of reaching prati prasava
/viveka khyati etc

Since the sushupti is upAdhi rahita state, jnana abhAva emerges only