[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Sun Oct 2 08:24:09 CDT 2016

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*www.lalitaalaalitah.com

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Everyone is familiar with "I", and if they have a religious upbringing,
> they know Ishvara too. So it cannot be argued that the tattvas are
> completely unknown.

​First of all, these are not those tattva-s which are said to be one by
shruti.
The parichchhina-chaitanya is not tattva.
So, no knowing these two is not enough.​

> For an uttamAdhikAri who is taught 'brahmaivAham asmi' as part of SandhyA
> upAsana,

​Taught?
By whom?
If he was taught, then you are in my camp, not other's.​
BTW, just 'hearing' a sentence from someone somewhere can't be termed as
learning the same. More so when the meaning was never taught.

> no one can definitively say it is impossible to understand through vichAra
> the true meanings of I and Brahman for that  aikya vAkya to have tAtparya.

​What this vichAra is? I'll give you some time to ponder.
Think about the nature of vichAra. And, when you are sure that it is not a
prAmANa, then I'll look at rest of your post.
If I continue now, I'll have to propound many things.​
Moreover, I don't want to continue by assuming any of your faults(wrong
ideas) granted. It increases complexity of my answers.